Getting to the University of Alberta from the International Airport
Taxis charged a metered rate of approximately $45 to $55 plus maybe a $5 tip to get to campus. Find out more about the airport taxi service to Edmonton International Airport. http://www.airporttaxiservice.ca/
Edmonton Transit bus (Route 747) + LRT (Subway)
Edmonton Transit’s Route 747 provides one-way bus service between Edmonton International Airport and Century Park Transit Centre in Edmonton. From there, you can take the LRT (subway) to campus and downtown. This is the cheapest option: $5 for the bus (cash required) and $3.20 for the subway. The complete bus schedule can be found here. The departure times from the airport are
- 24:00 midnight
- Once you arrive at the Century Park Transit Centre by bus, head west toward the Century Park LRT (subway) station. From there, you can purchase an ETS ticket for $3.20 at the Fare Vending Machine, and then validate it at an orange box when entering LRT “Proof of Payment area”.
- Once the ticket is validated, board the train heading to Clareview.
- If you will be staying in Lister, exit off at the Health Sciences/Jubilee station, and walk west on 87 Avenue towards the Butterdome which is a large yellow building to get to your residence. If you are staying at the Campus Towers Hotel – also exit at the Health Sciences/Jubilee station but walk east on 87 Avenue towards the hotel.
Sky Shuttle provides bus service between the airport and various locations and major hotels in Edmonton. A one-way fare is $18 and service operates at 30-45-minute intervals between 7:00 am to 1:00 am. Travel time to campus is 30 minutes. Tips:
- If you arrive when the University of Alberta Welcome Booth is open, you can purchase a Sky Shuttle ticket at a discounted price from the booth attendant. Otherwise, you can purchase tickets at the Sky Shuttle kiosk, located in the lower level (Arrivals) by door #7.
- When you purchase a ticket, tell the Sky Shuttle staff where you will be staying. The staff will then advise you of the nearest stop. The Sky Shuttle will not stop unless a location is requested, so make sure you inform them where you need to be let off.
- Ask for the Campus Tower Suite Hotel if you are staying on campus
- Ask for Varscona or Mettera Hotel on Whyte Avenue if you are staying at there
Here is a larger map of the area (click to enlarge):